Friday, December 5, 2014

Marilyn Manson has admirers!

I discovered Marilyn Manson in 2007/2008 via Wikiquote, but I was familiar with his image since 1998, as a child, when I saw him on the news. (Back then, I watched cartoons all day and did homework, but I remember the Columbine tragedy on the news.) I had no interest in his music, and may have heard only one song of his in my entire life. 

What struck me was the contrast between his image - which he claims is only for shock value - and the eloquence of his ideas. He isn't a typical leftist of any kind, though he holds leftists stances on free speech. And to my surprise, he is somewhat known in a part of the word that preferred rap and R'n'B and absolutely hated rock music (except for a few circles here and there).

Marilyn Manson:



We live in a society of victimization, where people are much more comfortable being victimized than actually standing up for themselves.
-Marilyn Manson



No comments:

Post a Comment